Like nearly everything we encounter, when used inappropriately, dry ice blasting can be dangerous, however with a properly trained technician, the danger is greatly reduced. Because dry ice is extremely cold particles of carbon dioxide, it is important that technicians are properly equipped to prevent frostbite when coming into contact with dry ice pellets. Proper ventilation is essential, as is making certain that equipment is properly grounded to prevent static discharge. As with any industrial process, eye, ear, and mouth protection is of utmost importance. Overall, dry ice blasting is a safe and effective method of surface preparation when the proper precautions are in place.